Re: teaberry recipe

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Brewery Lane Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]

by Kevin on October 01, 1999 at 13:02:44:

In Reply to: Re: teaberry recipe posted by Bob McGrath on September 30, 1999 at 13:08:48:

: : I have been searching for some time now for a teaberry wine recipe. I would be very greatful if some one out there could held me out on my quest. I'm begining to think that this is like finding the holy grail!
: Kevin, would you perhaps be referring to TAYberries?? Please describe berries. If they are TAYberries, they're a lot like Raspberries..I think there are a few recipes that would suit..
: Bob, The berries are about 1/4 inch in diameter and grow on a small plant which only reaches about 6 inches in height. The leaves are a shiny green, and each plant only produces a few berries. The reson I'm looking for this recipe is because I've had a few old timers tell me that this wine is one of the best they've ever tasted. But none of them are able to produce a recipe. I don't know if you have ever tasted teaberry gum, but the berries taste the same.
I just looked up the berry in the "Eastern region Aaudubon book of wild flowers" and the berry is also called "Wintergreen"

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Brewery Lane Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]